Anabolic steroids are virtually illegal for recreational use. It doesn’t matter what country you go to, the chances are you won’t be able to buy steroids. However, we think they should be legal. With that said, let’s give you three reasons why they should be legal, as well as three reasons why they shouldn’t be illegal.
Why Steroids Should Be Legal
First, we think they should be legal for the following reasons:
1. They Work- Anabolic steroids work. There’s no denying the effectiveness of the drugs. There are no legal supplements out there that come close to real steroids, even so-called anabolic steroid alternatives.
Unfortunately, figuring out what supplements work and what doesn’t work is a hassle. What’s worse is that supplements can contain harmful ingredients. Yes, steroids are harmful, but at least you know they work. The same can’t be said for many of the “leading” supplements out there.
2. Nobody Is Harming Anyone- When someone uses steroids, the only one they are hurting is themselves. The drugs don’t have secondhand effects, which is not the case with other forms of drugs.
3. There’s Worse Stuff Out There- We can think of so many other things that are worse than anabolic steroids. For example, cigarettes have been responsible and linked to millions of deaths across the world. Alcohol is another substance that has been linked to deaths.
Why Steroids Should Be Illegal
We aren’t praising steroids, so let’s discuss three reasons why they should be illegal. These reasons include:
1. Harmful- Any anabolic steroid can cause both minor and serious side effects. The bottom line is steroids are harmful. Anabolic steroids can lead to serious issues, such as cancer, liver disease and kidney damage. Less harmful side effects can be caused by steroids, such as acne, minor depression, but major depression problems can result in steroid-usage.
2. Unfair Advantage- Anabolic steroids work extremely well, but this isn’t really fair for those in sports. If you go up against someone who is using steroids, then you have a very unfair advantage. If you are involved in MMA, boxing or some other form of contact sports, the last thing you want to do is go up against someone juiced up because they could end up seriously hurting you.
3. Anger Issues- Steroids can cause serious anger issues. You can be the most laid back person in the world. When you jump on roids, you can quickly become a very angry person.
Unfortunately, our opinion doesn’t matter because as it stands anabolic steroids are illegal in most countries. If you decide to take a legal supplement that is supposedly just as good as steroids, then make sure you do your research and choose something that is known to work very well.